Thread: ac thermo with e1 code

Default ac thermo with e1 code

ac stoped working flashing e1 code on thermo can get anything to work and its getting hot anyone had this problem 3 month old trailer im getting hot

E1 code is a loss of communications between the control and the power module boards. Also could be a loss of communications with the thermostat.
    If you have a second AC check that zone to see if that one is working. Do a system reset by turning off the control and then pressing the mode and zone at the same time. Release and turn on again. Hope that works for you.
    David & Joyce Robinson
    2011 MS 38TKSB4 #5535
    Winter work camping Sebastian Fl.
    Summer in mountains of NC.

Vanity slide, FP, vac, , level-up,
    thermo pane windows, dinette awning.
    240 volt dryer, residential fridge, roof
    satellite, Mor\Ryde pin box. Two bicycles
    on front, two kayaks on back.

2008 F-350 4X4 Diesel CC LB H&S Tuner
    Pressure Pro(10 tires), fold-a-cover, train horns,
    34 gal fuel/tool in bed aux. tank, Trailer Saver.

tried the reset today no help, i googled the code and ended up on a forest river forum with smae problem, i did a complete power shut down ac and dc then turned every thing back on breakers and batteries then reset the thermo and it has been working fine for 2 hours now. next problem is frig. i dont think its cooling like it should. we have a fan inside and cant get it cooler than 45 according to reading on frig.

Full Timer currently on our "Famly Holiday Tour".

Bull, your outside fans may be bad or the outside venting is bad (our experience). Can you hear any humming from the frig (sounds like the frig is turning on & off)? If not, it may be your outside fans have died.

On the e1 code: We've experienced that issue and it never works on the first reset. Always takes at least twice. Again, just our experience. Good luck! David
    David & Donna Driver |2009 F450 | 2011 MS 36RSSB3 w/Vanity Slide (#5642)

Fans are working and top vent has been opened up factory did not cut hole out properly wrong size fuse was replaced in board on rear of frig now it just wont get below 42 degrees ?????? thanks for repleys by the way it is in a 2012 36 ressb3 #6089

Fans are working and top vent has been opened up factory did not cut hole out properly wrong size fuse was replaced in board on rear of frig now it just wont get below 42 degrees ?????? thanks for repleys by the way it is in a 2012 36 rssb3 #6089

Bull, have you tried running it on LP? There are two electric heating elements and one might be bad, try running on LP for 24 hrs. I just went through this with mine, going back to Camping World Wednesday to get the cooling unit replaced. Mine would not cool on electric or gas.
    Donnie & Vicki

2011 Elite 36 RSSB4 #5496
    Traveler Directv Dish
    Washer/Dryer/Dishwasher

2012 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
    Durmax/Allison
    Truck Covers USA Roll Up Cover

what number is your temp control set on?

Yes it ran on LP for many days until i found the fuse was the wrong size AC would not work ran the same, also tested the elements ok, i am thinking the computer board for some reason is keeping it in the defrost mode, going to try to get DRV or dometic to send me a new board. I hate taking it to a dealer to sit on the lot for weeks before they look at it at least that has been whats happened on other trailers in the past.