Thread: Elite Suites 44' MNemphis

Default Elite Suites 44' MNemphis

We are purchasing the new ES 44' Memphis w/ triple Independent Suspension. Can anyone comment on any problems with the triple IS system? The length is not a problem for me towing except we will have to plan ahead some better on fuel stops and campgrounds. We are excited about having the residential French Door refrigerator [No more Dometic], the Mor/Ryde IS instead of the Lippert axles and many more features. Just looking for some help from any of you that have the
    43's that would share your information.
    Thank you in advance.
    Pat L.
    [SIGPIC]
    Pat & Sandy Laurendine
    Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
    2014.5 44' Memphis Elite Suites
    2012 F450 Lariate w/ Factory
    Reese 18K Hitch
    Line-X Color Match Spray In Bed Liner

Pat, I see a new hitch in your future. Trailersaver?
    Dave
    David & Joyce Robinson
    2011 MS 38TKSB4 #5535
    Winter work camping Sebastian Fl.
    Summer in mountains of NC.

Vanity slide, FP, vac, , level-up,
    thermo pane windows, dinette awning.
    240 volt dryer, residential fridge, roof
    satellite, Mor\Ryde pin box. Two bicycles
    on front, two kayaks on back.

2008 F-350 4X4 Diesel CC LB H&S Tuner
    Pressure Pro(10 tires), fold-a-cover, train horns,
    34 gal fuel/tool in bed aux. tank, Trailer Saver.

Dave the big problem is that they don't make one that mounts into the factory Ford brackets. At least I don't think so. Did you look at it on Rolling Retreats web site? I think this will be our last hoo rah. The only thing I don't like about it is the payments. But who does? I love the big shower and triple axles. Still have not found info on the weights. But it is what it is.
    Are you back in Fl? PM me your email and phone number so maybe when we come back with it we might have time to stop by for a few days.
    Later pal.
    [SIGPIC]
    Pat & Sandy Laurendine
    Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
    Reese 18K Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pat L. View Post
    Dave the big problem is that they don't make one that mounts into the factory Ford brackets. At least I don't think so.
    Hello. Actually they do make a TrailerSaver that mounts to the Ford rails and that is what we have ordered. Give Aaron a call.
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Northeast Florida

2013 F350, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

We have started a travel blog that you can follow at http://moeflo.net

Over on Escapees forum the IS Suspension had a recent thread running. Someone with a 2008 Teton mentioned their experience with triple axles.

We seriously considered the 43' Cincinnati Estates, but it's just a tad too long for some of the RV spaces we've had to use. We started with a 40' triple axle and it was a little tougher to take some of the tight turns avoiding trees in the older Campgrounds.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

hind sight is such a wonderful thing! When we ordered our Teton we went with 16" rims, Dexter axles with electric over hydraulic disc brakes on triple axles with the Mor/Ryde RE suspension. It turns out the only improvement over our previous rig was the disc brakes. Knowing then what I know now I would have ordered 17.5"s with H range tires and the Mor/Ryde IS suspension. As it is we had to do those improvements after the fact but the rig rides much better and no more tire issues. Do yourself a big favor and order the 17.5s with disc brakes and the Mor/Ryde IS suspension, you'll be glad you did, Best wishes, Jay

'08 Teton Experience 40', '09 FL M2 112 MBE 4000 by 2L Custom Trucks, TrailerSaver air hitch, PressurePro TPMS, Garmin Nuvi, '48 Navigoddess

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=107587
    Vickie & David
    SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
    Alicia - Custom kitchen
    2014 F450 KR 4x4
    Titan 65g tank

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I know I will have a learning curve here with some new items over my 2010 MS36TKSB4 but it will be a new adventure.
    Moe, who is Aaron that I need to contact? You guys are just spending me in poor house.
    The Memphis does have Mor/Ryde IS w/17.5 H wheels & tires. Now I will have to find a compressor that will go up to the tire pressure that is required. My old RolAir construction compressor barley made 120# mark. Always something seems like. I am more concerned about the oil bath hubs and the problems that I keep reading about. Should I just order some extra caps and O-rings? I had oil bath on my road tractors front hubs and some trailer hubs but never remember having problems. Could be senility setting in. New toys = New problems!
    Thanks again.
    Pat
    [SIGPIC]
    Pat & Sandy Laurendine
    Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
    Reese 18K Hitch

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I know I will have a learning curve here with some new items over my 2010 MS36TKSB4 but it will be a new adventure.
    Moe, who is Aaron that I need to contact? You guys are just spending me in poor house. :
    Thanks again.
    Pat
    Pat, he is Aaron Grayhek at Hensley Manufacturing. They make the TrailerSaver and he is very helpful.
    Aaron@hensleymfg.com
    800-410-6580 #104
    www.hensleymfg.com

This is the hitch we ordered and, I assume, the one you will also need. Yes it says MDT but they adapt it to work with Ford PU. Please let him know I sent you his way.

My first pull with this full setup will be 12/31. Might want to stay off the roads around Knoxville. I'll let you know if we and the fiver survive.
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Northeast Florida

2013 F350, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

We have started a travel blog that you can follow at http://moeflo.net

Moe, who is Aaron that I need to contact? You guys are just spending me in poor house.
    The Memphis does have Mor/Ryde IS w/17.5 H wheels & tires. Now I will have to find a compressor that will go up to the tire pressure that is required. My old RolAir construction compressor barley made 120# mark. Always something seems like. I am more concerned about the oil bath hubs and the problems that I keep reading about. Should I just order some extra caps and O-rings? I had oil bath on my road tractors front hubs and some trailer hubs but never remember having problems. Could be senility setting in. New toys = New problems!
    Thanks again.
    Pat
    Congrats on ordering your new rig! Wow!

On the compressors, a long time ago I picked up a sears pancake comp that was to go up to 150psi. It just made it to 130 using it. So it works. Also if you weigh the trailer tires you likely will not need to run 125 psi.

Bill
    Bill and Joan
    4 Collie pups
    01 Volvo 770
    05 38RL3 #2046
    05 Smart Passion loaded piggyback

We hauled our 2010 38TKSB3 up to Muskegon, MI on 09 May 13 and traded it in on our MS 43 Lexington and hauled that back to Hampton, VA on 10 May 13. We have the triple axle IS suspension with MorRyd Hitch and it hauled so much better (actually no comparison) than the air ride suspension and air ride hitch.

Tom (Ret Navy) & Kristi (Ret Navy)
    Daisy & Spanky
    2014 DRV 43 Lexington #6714
    2009 Chevy 3500 Dually CC 4X4 LTZ Duramax/Allison
    2010 MS 38TKSB3 W/4th Slide#5360

Tom, Sorry it took so long for me to get back on line, just been a rat race. Good to know about the IS and Mor/Ryde hitch. Always looking for a better ride especially driving on Louisiana roads visiting our kids and grandrats. Frozen plowed ground sideways is better than the roads in Cajun country. I know we will enjoy it but will have to scrap some of the campgrounds that we have visited in the past.
    Thanks again. Be safe my friend.
    [SIGPIC]
    Pat & Sandy Laurendine
    Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
    Reese 18K Hitch