12 inch 6 quart Dutch Oven
3lbs Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
48oz Ragu Garden Style Pasta Sauce (or your favorite)
2lbs Mozzarella Cheese, chopped
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Dash of Tabasco Sauce
3lbs Sausage, cooked and chopped
16oz No-Boil Lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage over barbecue then cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix all ingredients, except noodles, sausage and sauce.
- Place 4 tablespoons of sauce on bottom of Dutch Oven and spread around.
- Line Dutch Oven with one layer of noodles. Break off pieces to fit round edges, to cover the bottom. Spread 1¼ inch thick layer of cheese mixture, some sausage and 3-4 tablespoons of sauce. (layering is important to estimate thickness to use all of the noodles)
- Add another layer of noodles and cheese until Dutch Oven is filled. Last layer should have noodles with sauce to cover.
- Place on a bed of 12 – 15 coals and place 5 – 8 coals on top. Cook for 30 minutes and check noodles are soft its ready. If not, cook for another 15 minutes and check again. its ready when noodles are soft.