1 (.25 ounce) package Active Dry Yeast
1 cup Warm Water
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1½ tsp Salt
1½ tsp Dried Basil
1½ tsp Dried Oregano
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Onion Powder
¼ cup Romano Cheese, grated
3 cups Bread Flour
- 1. Mix yeast, warm water, and white sugar together in a large bowl. Set aside for five minutes, or until mixture becomes foamy.
- Stir olive oil, salt, herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cheese, and 3 cups flour into the yeast mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Knead dough for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is smooth and rubbery. Place in an oiled bowl, and turn to cover the surface of the dough with oil. Cover with a damp linen dish towel. Allow to rise for one hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down to release all the air. Shape into two loaves. Place loaves on a greased cookie sheet, or into two greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until doubled in size, about a 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Remove loaves from pan(s), and let cool on wire racks for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Bread Machine Steps
- Bread Machine Steps: Place foamy yeast in bread machine pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients and place in pan over yeast and water. Add last the olive oil.
- Set on dough mode and let run through 1st rising. Remove and follow directions from step 4 to step 5.