Loaf French Bread, torn into small pieces
4 cups Milk
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1½ Tbsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Butter
½ cup Half and Half
- Place bread in a lightly greased 12 dutch oven.
- Pour milk over bread and let stand 10 minutes. Blend mixture well, using hands.
- Stir eggs and next 5 ingredients into bread mixture.
- Bake at 325ºF for 40 to 45 minutes or until firm. (may take a little longer using charcoal)
- Bring sugar, butter, half and half to a boil in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Cool, stir in whiskey.
- Serve Bread Pudding warm with Custard Sauce.